CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sickness... BOO!

So, guess who may have Mono? Me. So, last Thursday I started running a fever. Friday it got up to 102.6 and Tylenol/ Advil combo was not reducing it at all. So, Saturday Heather wanted to take me to the ER but I told her my doctor had a Saturday Clinic. We went there and waited. When the doctor finally saw me he was in and out. He said I had acute tonsilitis (sp?) and gave me a prescription for amoxcillian. However, it wasn't working. Tuesday morning I woke up and my fever was still 102.6. So, back to the doctor it was. We went to Heather's doctor (who by the way is the best doctor in the world) she did a strep test, a mono test, and a white blood cell count. The first two came back negative. The second showed a low count. Apparently, Mono takes a long time to show up in your system and is hard to test for. So, I have to go back to the doctor on Friday and depending on how my throat looks and how I feel they will test again for Mono. I am on lots of medicine so hopefully it will go away. Pray that Heather doesn't get it either.

0 comments: