CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Mask of Religiousity

I realize that I am not new to this world and that often people are hurt by people doing things in God's name. That bothers me. However, people who hide behind their religion and make decisions that profit them but say it was what God told them to do are just as bad. Maybe, they aren't killing in God's name. They ruin in God's name. These "ruiners" ruin lives, relationships, and sadly faiths. I want to know what gives someone the right to do things in God's name? Why don't we realize that when doing something ungodly it doesn't make it godly just because you say God told you to do it. I know I am being incredibly vague. I do that on purpose. People continually hurt people because they feel that their religion (let's be honest that is what it is. It isn't God) gives them this pontificating air. I am right because my religion says so. I can hurt you and not feel guilty because God is on my side. These statements are shallow. I want to know why. Is it entitlement? Where in the Bible does it say we are entitled to ride our proverbial high-horse? I think of lyrics to a song and I pray I remember them "let us not lift our souls to one another". God give us clean hands!

0 comments: