CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

That feeling...


I am walking down the cold sidewalk towards the stack of metal boxes. Soon, I will turn my little bronze key and reveal something, hopefully. What could it be today? I can't wait to find out!

 How could a stupid task bring so much joy? I mean maybe it is the element of surprise that sends me reeling. I just love to hear, "Hey, go check the mail". I am a complete and total weirdo. I admit it the weirdness but I love checking the mail. I think I may need to go to a support group. I mourn Sundays and Federal Holidays. The mail is a little escape. I mean most of the time it is a bill reminding me I have no money or a credit card offer to suck away non-existent money. Honestly, I don't care I just like checking the mail. I think secretly that is why I always feel out offers for free crap and have it mailed to me. So, someday there will be something in there. I also believe that netflix was a brilliant idea. I mean yes movies but MAIL! 
Of course there is a great dillemia in the mailbox. The mailing of things. I will check the mail but remembering to mail something is next to impossible.

There is no thrill in hearing, "You've got mail!". There is only thrill in turning the key and seeing the crisp envelopes!

1 comments:

Candice Houston said...

Someone else! Yes! I am not alone in my love of the mailbox! In grade school, pen-pals would elevate me to a near daily hysteria of excitement over just the POSSIBILITY!
Great post, Justin!
And you have the added drama of a key!!!