CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 9, 2007

Interesting...

So, I have just started this blog I know that. However, I have been reading Matthew Paul Turner's blog "Jesus needs new pr" and often get a good laugh and he is very informative. I will call him MPT for the sake of space. MPT is an author he has written many amusing books. The first I read was The Christian Culture Survival Guide this book is a laugh riot. Anyway his blog often points out some pretty interesting things. Apparently James Dobson can determine if you are a christian or not. Seriously, where can I get a "God-phone" ? I swear people have a direct line to God by the way they act. Oh well. I just hate how the term "christian" as become such a source of pain for people. In high-school I was the evangelical christian's golden child. I went to church and youth group every sunday. I was dedicated to reading christian books and the Bible (which is still a good thing). I only listened to "christian" music. I even started working at a christian bookstore. Basically, I was the person that now annoys me. I don't know when it happened but I am thankful to God that it did. I started thinking for myself. I believe that through working at a christian bookstore and two internships at different churches. I saw a side of the church I never realized existed. People lie. People treat other people like crap. People use church as leverage in jobs and political positions. Most of all I feel that a lot of christians have this sense of entitlement. Why do christians have to feel ashamed? Why is it us versus them? When did the grace that Jesus taught about become thrown aside for legalism? I am not saying I am perfect. I am just saying that I got to this point and the people who annoy me the most are "christians". This is tragic. I don't know how to fix it. I just know it isn't right. I mean I could come up with my solutions all day. What I know through evidence in the Bible is that Jesus met people's physical needs first. He didn't yell at the lady who had the abortion or the gay couple wanting to get married. He helped them. I realize I put two very modern issues in there. These are the two that for some reason the "evangelical" church have decided to harp on. So, now when I tell people I am a christian I immediately have to defend my faith not on what Jesus did but what christians do now. We are hurting one another. I think this is why MPT gets it. He is satirical but it gives the situation perspective. James Dobson CAN NOT KNOW THE HEART OF MAN OR WOMAN. HE IS NOT GOD. The fact that he makes those comments worries me. There are people dying every day because of unhealthy water. These are important issues. They say that twenty somethings are idealistic. That is true. Honestly, what is wrong with idealism? Why do people who have become bitter feel the need to destroy the idealism. Why do my seniors feel the need to harp on certain issues and bring me down because I think Jesus taught love?

So, check out jesus needs new pr.

0 comments: