CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Art


This is going to be the beginning but not the start. Sometimes things are not as they seem. You have to run fast. What happens? What do you do when you sit down to a computer and you see the blank white page? Do you become ferociously competitive with the page? Do you challenge the blank white seen before you? Is your black typing going to make the problem go away? Is the spreading of letters across the page going to prove anything? Can you come up with the most brilliant ideas or do you simply keep typing opening that the white will give up? The problem is when you get to the bottom of the page you have another wave crash before you. The white will not yield no matter the amount of writing you do. Occasionally when you feel that what is written is right then you find out that someone probably already said what you said. I don’t know why. It is interesting. The whole concept of a novel or a story they are intriguing. This is why I chose English as my major. I don’t honestly care if you need a comma here or a semi-colon there. Sure there has to be structure. I am not denying that. I think that using the rules against themselves in writing is one of the most amazing things. What I enjoy the most about English is the story side. I love that fact that no matter how many black letters press against the white page something is conveyed. We can truly escape. We can see others and how we are connected. When we read the writing that someone has poured themselves into we can see them. Obviously we can’t see the entirety of that person but this is what art is. To me English is art. I love this side. When you watch a movie that touches you to the core you know that art is happening. Writing and acting and cinematography are all mingling on the screen. They create this beautiful story. This is a beautiful painting. 

0 comments: