CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sadness...

I miss the "real" world. I mean JBU is cool and I am glad that Heather and I are getting to finish our education. However, after a week of classes it definitely feels like a bubble. What makes it this way? Well, I think the first thing is that while Siloam Springs is still in Northwest Arkansas it doesn't feel that way. I mean there are no bookstores or movie theatres. I feel that culture stops and things literally slow down. The second thing that the "Christian education" atmosphere is very new to me. I am a public school junkie. I am going in to English Education and I absolutely want to teach in public schools. So, I am adjusting. So, why am I sad? I feel very disconnected from church, from culture, from my life. I am being dramatic because clearly I have a life it is just in a weird place right now. I also feel that as far as my faith is concerned I have stepped back in to a world where people just don't get me. I need my Vintage fix more than once a week! I have tons of homework every night and I still need to find a job. I am just kind of waiting to see where and what I need to be doing.

0 comments: