CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It has been a while... AKA Enemy Number 1


So, it has been a while. Last week on Thursday Heather was at a book study she is doing through our church. Vintage Fellowship. It is awesome and everyone should go there. (Sidebar complete). So, I decided I would go and hang out with my parents and little brother. Well, my little brother has a razor scooter. These things are very fun right? WRONG!! O.K. actually they are fun. However, when you ride down a hill and try to use the break but hit the little trick bar. (If you look at the attached picture you will find the bar I am talking about.) Well, I hit that and I went flying. I slid on the sidewalk scuffed up my favorite shoes. I received a few "abrasions" as the doctor called them. Oh and I also twisted my knee really bad. Well, when Heather arrived home that evening I was hardly able to walk. When she came in though she immediately had to throw up. So, that evening was fun. EXTREMELY FUN! I couldn't take care of my sick wife and she couldn't take care of her gimpy husband.

Friday: So, Friday I am supposed to go to work but after lunch Heather and I decide that a trip to the doctor is in order and that the world of Christian retail can live without me for one day. Shocker I know! So, the doctor does X-rays and I didn't break anything. He tells me to stay off of it as much as possible. JOY! So, Heather pushes me around Wal-Mart in a wheel-chair so we can buy and ace bandage as the doc recommended. Like a good boy I stay off my knee but Friday at midnight is the release of the new Harry Potter. I can't miss that. Well, God bless my wife who doesn't really get the whole Potter-phenom took me to Wal-Mart and pushed me around again so I could by the seventh book. Well, because I am truly a dork I took off all weekend to read the book. That I did. I just had a great excuse to not get out of bed.

Thoughts on Harry: I am not going to ruin anything about the book because I think that is mean. I will say I was delighted and really enjoyed the final installment of the series. I wish J.K. Rowling all the luck in her next book as clearly she has amazing expectations to live up too. I wouldn't want those.

0 comments: