CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Things I don't get...

Let me begin this post by saying that I know for a fact God blesses people. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this. 


Me: How are you doing? (Generic question)
Responder: I'm blessed.

Okay seriosly? Is that right? I am so glad. However, I feel like this is some kind of Christian Verbal War. How are you? Well let me tell you the Lord has just been blessing me like crazy! Really? That is freaking awesome. But what happens when you don't feel connected to the Lord are you going to give the same response? I mean I guess that is positive thinking. Maybe I'm wrong.

Or just the generally cheesy "christianese" sayings we have. I quite frankly am dumbfounded and flabergasted by there use.

Here are some examples (Feel free to add your own):

How's your walk? (How is my actually gait? Kind of waddley why do you ask?)

How will that affect your witness? (Who committed a crime?)

Unchurced (My wife's favorite she was once told because she hadn't gone to church in a few months that she was in fact unchurched, fascinating!)

Michael W. Smith

So on and so forth...

0 comments: